I discovered this interesting little survey on Hannah’s Blog. I figured I’d give it a try.
1. What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was a part of the setting on my new WIP. The first thing I ever wrote and still have is a short story that I hope to one day turn into a novel. (wishful thinking)
A long, long, long time ago when I was a little kid.
3. Angsty poetry?
Not in forever.
4. Favorite genre of writing?
Mystery and my new found friend – YA
5. Most annoying character you’ve ever created?
The character in one of my half written novels. She annoys me so bad cause she’s such a pushover. One of these days I’ll rewrite her.
6. Best plot you’ve ever created?
I think the best plot I’ve ever created is the one I’m working on now. Slowly but surly it’s building its way through the book.
7. Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
Well, I think I might have a good twist on my WIP, but the twist in my short story was pretty good. The magazine editor that was to publish it before it went under said it was an “edge of the seat page turner”.
8. How often do you get writer’s block?
All the time. Not a day goes by that I don’t suffer from writer’s block, but I have managed to push through it. At least with my novel. My freelancing… now that’s another ball game all together.
9. Write fan fiction?
10. Do you type or write by hand?
I used to type out everything. Now I find that is a pain in the ass. Computer files are messy. There’s really truly no order to them, so now I create everything on paper in a special journal. I have journal that is solely dedicated to my novel where I create my characters, the plot, setting, and anything else that could and would go into my story.
11. Do you save everything you write?
I save everything. I lost much of my writing a few years ago when I moved.
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you abandon it? it
Yes, I save everything.
13. What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written?
Probably the story I’m working on now.
14. What’s everyone else’s favorite story you’ve ever written?
The short story I wrote.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Working on one.
16. What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
A small town.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
My novel and my freelancing projects.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
19. What are your five favorite words?
Not Sure I Have Favorites.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Alexandra is most like me. I kind of based her personality on mine.
21. Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
I think of my novels as a movie and figure out what type of character needs to play that part.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Yes sometimes. I’ll dream something and figure that could maybe work in my story.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
Happy endings are usually a given. I try to have a happy ending in all my stories although sometimes no matter how hard I try, some just aren’t meant to have a happy ending.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes, always when I’m typing. If I’m writing in freehand then spelling and grammar doesn’t matter.
25. Does music help you write?
Music and Television both. I usually work on my novel in front of the television. Commercials and shows give me inspiration with some of my characters sometimes. I listen to music usually when I’m freelancing.
26. Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops in your head.
“Jealousy is the best compliment you’ll ever receive.”
Now it’s your turn… I can’t wait to see what your answers are.